Riddle & Brantley
Hours of Operation
Monday – 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Tuesday – 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Wednesday – 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Thursday – 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Friday – 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Saturday – 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Sunday – 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
CONTACT US ONLINE:
Connect with us if you or a loved one has been injured due to an act of negligence. We are powerful advocates for those we represent; you can trust us to go the distance for you and pursue the maximum possible recovery. Call now or contact us through our online free case evaluation form. We are ready to get to work and help you get justice. Call now.
ABOUT OUR LAWYERS:
- The firm’s founding partner, Attorney Gene A. Riddle, has represented thousands of North Carolinians in his years in practice. Cases he handles include personal injury, workers’ compensation, SSD, and wrongful death. A native of North Carolina, Mr. Riddle is personally committed to helping those in the Raleigh area pursue justice. He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum® and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, a group of less than one percent of U.S. attorneys that have achieved verdicts, awards, or settlements for in excess of $1 million or for many millions of dollars. Recently, he was honored as a recipient of the 2014 Litigator’s Award in multiple categories, a feat achieved by fewer than 1% of all lawyers. In addition, he has earned the highest possible rating from Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent.
- Attorney J. Christopher Brantley has assisted thousands of injured employees for workers’ compensation benefits in his years of practice. He is also one of less than one percent of attorneys in the U.S. admitted to the elite Million Dollar Advocates Forum® and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®. He is listed in “Top 100” by the American Trial Lawyers Association. His specialty lies in Workers’ Compensation, a designation earned from the North Carolina State Bar.
- Attorney Sean A. Cole manages our Raleigh office, focusing on auto accidents, personal injury litigation, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, and premises liability cases. He has the highest possible rating from Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent™, and is also a member of the elite Million Dollar Advocates Forum® and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®.
- Attorney Scott A. Scurfield is an associate also located in Raleigh. He focuses on Social Security Disability claims, veterans’ claims for VA benefits, and auto accidents. A former Assistant Public Defender, Scott has a broad range of legal knowledge and skill. He is a dedicated advocate in the courtroom and at administrative hearings.
- Attorney Adam Smith
Our Raleigh Practice Areas
With over 180 years of shared experience, the team at Riddle & Brantley focuses on several areas of law. Every person we represent is served with dedication, compassion, and the highest level of client service.
- Personal Injury Cases – In the legal terms, Personal Injury (PI) is an injury caused to the body, mind, or emotion as a result of someone else’s negligence. Our firm represents the injured in personal injury cases, including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, bicycle accidents, construction accidents, dog bite cases, dangerous drugs, wrongful death, and defective medical devices, among others. If you or your family have been unlucky to be injured in an accident that happened because of someone else’s fault, you should talk to our experienced Personal Injury Attorney to discuss your case.
- Car Accidents – Traffic accidents are the most common cause of personal injury and property damage. If you or your family were injured or your car sustained damage in an accident caused by someone’s negligence, the law entitles you to receive compensation for your personal injury, medical bills, loss of work and/or future earnings, emotional distress, and the cost of repairs. On the other hand, if you face PI and property damage claims from an accident that was supposedly your fault, you again need legal protection to minimize or avoid the financial burden. Our legal team is often involved in car accident injury cases of all types, even those involving bicycles and pedestrians. With a free case evaluation, you can quickly get the critical information you need about the merits of your case.
- Social Security Disability – The Social Security Administration (SSA) has a list of conditions that automatically qualify you for disability benefits, but not every medical condition is listed in the manual. Moreover, the criteria for the listed impairments are quite stringent. The process of getting Social Security benefits is complicated and requires you to present numerous documents including credible medical evidence and up-to-date medical records in the right format, with the correct information, if you want to win your case. It is a sad fact that a majority of SSD claims are disallowed because the applicants don’t get appropriate legal help. Denied claims must be appealed and our firm takes on these cases with confidence and with an exceptional level of experience.
- Workers’ Compensation – Injured workers are often in the position of being unable to function in their profession, but the benefits paid are only a portion of wages up to a limit, with no payment due for pain and suffering. This happens when employees sign up for workman compensation insurance offered by the employer, whereby they relinquish their right to sue the employee for damages for negligence. However, some cases may involve gross negligence of safety procedures and create third party liability. If you have been injured at work or have acquired a medical condition caused by workplace factors, you may be eligible to recover a larger amount in compensation for you and your family. We serve as counsel in the initial application for benefits, appeals, and third-party claims.
Our Involvement with the Raleigh Community
Our firm is involved in various activities to improve the quality of life for everyone in the Raleigh community. Riddle & Brantley is part of the North Carolina Adopt-A-Highway Program, which helps to keep our state beautiful and the Newbern House, a facility for the disadvantaged. The firm also assists students with mentoring, mock trials, and other activities to help advance the skills of students interested in the law.
We care about our community and we will continue to invest our time and efforts into various community groups and volunteer activities.
Raleigh Legal Information
Personal injury cases are filed and litigated in the District Court or the Superior Court of North Carolina’s court system. The factors that determine the court in which your case will be resolved include the amount of damages at issue. The Wake County Justice Center is located at 300 S. Salisbury St. in Raleigh. The old courthouse is located at 316 Fayetteville St., also in downtown Raleigh.
Workers’ Compensation Information
Workers’ compensation hearings may be held in cases of workplace injury, illness, or death that came about as a result of a job-related accident or occupational disease. Benefits are available through the North Carolina Industrial Commission, which administers the Workers’ Compensation Act. For workers’ compensation cases, Deputy Commissioner Hearings are held in several locations, including Raleigh.
The North Carolina Industrial Commission holds Full Commission hearings in Raleigh at its offices at 430 N. Salisbury Street, Raleigh, NC 27603.