Jacksonville Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Workplace accidents can be serious, life-altering incidents. Work environments that place employees in close quarters with heavy machinery, electrical components, hazardous substances, and unsafe property defects can lead to disabling and even fatal accidents. In 2017, the North Carolina Department of Labor investigated 35 fatal work accidents. Hundreds of others weren’t fatal but caused serious worker injuries.
Get Help After Your Raleigh Workplace Accident
If you or a relative suffered serious injuries in a job-related accident in Jacksonville, North Carolina, partner with the workers’ compensation attorneys at Riddle & Brantley. We have NC State Bar Certified Specialists in Workers Comp to help you. We can strengthen negotiations with employers’ insurance companies and argue for maximum compensation. We can also take your case to court if necessary for full recovery. Contact us today to speak directly with an attorney about your potential case.
How Can Our Law Firm Assist Injured Workers?
For years, the team at Riddle & Brantley, have helped the Jacksonville, NC, community. We’ve volunteered at local events, helped with fundraisers, joined the local Better Business Bureau, helped military families, and provided pro bono legal representation to low-income families in the area. We stand by Jacksonville’s workers and are here for them after work-related accidents. We can provide the following services:
- Workplace accident and environment investigation
- Collection of incident reports and employer’s safety violation records
- Interviews of eyewitnesses to the event
- Handling of your workers’ compensation claim
- Negotiations with your employer’s insurance company
- Filing of a personal injury claim instead or on top of a workers’ comp claim
- Representation of your case in court
The sooner you contact our firm after an injury, the better. Waiting could mean running the risk of missing an important deadline, such as the deadline for filing your workers’ compensation claim. Prompt legal attention, on the other hand, can preserve key evidence and ensure you file everything by the required dates.
What to Do After a Workplace Accident
Like all states, North Carolina imposes strict laws when it comes to workers’ compensation claims. The workers’ comp system will provide benefits to cover an injured worker’s medical costs, partial lost wages, and disability expenses, but only if the employee obeys the rules for filing. Protect your right to recovery by following these steps:
- Tell your employer. Report the accident to your employer as soon as possible, and no later than 30 days after the accident. Write down what happened, how, when, and where.
- Go to the hospital. Get prompt medical care for your injuries. Your employer legally must allow you to take medical leave to visit the doctor and heal from your injuries. You do not have to go to a doctor on an approved employer list in North Carolina in emergency situations.
- Assess your eligibility. NC’s workers’ compensation will provide coverage for eligible employees who suffered their injuries or illnesses while performing work-related tasks. The workers’ comp system covers almost all injuries and illnesses if they relate to work.
- File your claim. All employers with three or more employees must carry workers’ compensation insurance. Ask your employer to file the claim or do so on your own. The form you will submit is Form 18 – the Notice of Accident to Employer and Claim of Employee.
- Call an attorney. Contact an experienced Workers’ Compensation lawyer to discuss whether your employer is treating your case fairly. A workers’ compensation lawyer can also help you get more from your claim than negotiating it on your own.
Contact Us to Understand Your Rights in a Raleigh Workers Compensation Claim
Riddle & Brantley, wants Jacksonville’s injured workers to secure the settlements and jury verdicts they need for financial security today, tomorrow, and far down the road. Whether your injuries resulted in temporary time off work or permanent disabilities that prevent you from performing your job, we can help. Trust us with your claim to experience the difference talented Jacksonville injury attorneys can make. Contact us today.